youth-kidnapped,-brutally-assaulted-in-narmadapuram:victim’s-limbs-broken,-nails-pulled-out;-admitted-to-district-hospital-in-serious-condition

A young man was allegedly kidnapped and brutally assaulted by six persons in Madhya Pradesh’s Narmadapuram district on Tuesday afternoon. The accused broke his hands and legs and pulled out the nails of two fingers and the thumb of his left hand before fleeing, leaving him seriously injured. The victim, identified as Altaf Shah, has been admitted to the district hospital, where his condition is reported to be serious. Police have registered a named FIR and launched a search to arrest the accused. Forced into car, taken to isolated place According to police, the incident took place in Banapur area of the district. Altaf Shah told police that he had gone there for personal work when the accused arrived, abused him, and forcibly made him sit in a car. They then took him to an isolated spot near Chapadewadi village under Shivpur police station limits. There, they allegedly assaulted him with sticks and sharp weapons. The attackers broke both his hands and legs during the assault. After leaving him severely injured, they fled the spot. Doctors shocked by victim’s condition After the accused fled, Altaf managed to call his family members, who informed the police. He was first taken to a community health centre, where doctors expressed shock at the extent of his injuries. Duty doctor Srishti Raghuwanshi said both of Altaf’s hands and legs were fractured. She added that the nails of two fingers and the thumb of his left hand had been pulled out. He was given primary treatment and later referred to the district hospital for further care. Assault linked to year-old dispute Police said the attack appears to be linked to an old dispute between Altaf Shah and one of the accused, Munish Qureshi. According to Altaf’s statement, he had attacked Munish with a sword about a year ago, after which Munish allegedly held a grudge against him. Police suspect that Munish, along with his relatives, carried out the assault in retaliation. Six accused named, police deployed in area Shivpur police station in-charge Sudhakar Barskar said an FIR has been registered against six accused — Sappa Qureshi, Siddiq Qureshi, Munish Qureshi, Mussu Qureshi, Zeeshan Qureshi, and Mustak Qureshi. “We have registered a named FIR based on the victim’s complaint. Search operations are underway, and the accused will be arrested soon,” he said. Police have also deployed additional personnel in the area to prevent any tension or further incidents.