The four-day protest by Madhya Pradesh Public Service Commission (MPPSC) candidates over their 10-point charter of demands continued for the second consecutive day outside the commission’s office on Sunday. The agitators said the protest would continue until January 27 and may be extended if their demands remain unmet. National Educated Youth Union (NEYU) coordinator Radhe Jat said the Constitution was read aloud at the protest site on the eve of Republic Day, while flag hoisting was scheduled for Monday morning. “If our demands are not addressed, the protest will continue even beyond January 27,” he said. Recalling an earlier agitation, Mr. Jat said students had protested between December 18 and 23 in January last year. “The Chief Minister had called us for discussions, but none of our demands were fulfilled. That is why this time we are protesting with the permission of the High Court,” he added. Brief confrontation with police Police officials said the protesters had been directed by the High Court not to obstruct traffic to avoid disruption, as had occurred during the previous protest. However, on Sunday, as the number of protesters increased, some candidates moved from the garden and footpath onto the road, leading to a brief argument with police personnel at the site. The protesters, however, maintained that the agitation was being held under police supervision. “We are ensuring that people do not face inconvenience in movement from any direction,” students said. Cold weather fails to deter turnout Despite the severe cold, a large number of candidates, including women, gathered at the protest site. Many have laid bedding outside the commission premises and are spending the nights there, using bonfires to keep warm. The agitation has been named ‘Nyay Yatra 2.0’ by the organisers. Mr. Jat alleged that the State government had gone back on its earlier assurances. “Instead of fulfilling promises, we were sent to jail and cases were filed against us. This has broken the trust of students in the government. This time, we are fully prepared to ensure there is no betrayal,” he said. He also alleged that after news of the protest emerged, coaching centres deliberately scheduled tests to prevent students from participating. “Various attempts are being made to stop students, but we will continue our indefinite protest until the demands are met,” he said. Candidates cite unfulfilled assurances Ranjit Kisanvanshi, an MPPSC candidate, said a large student movement had been organised in 2024, following which representatives met the Chief Minister and MPPSC officials. “We were assured that our demands would be addressed. A reminder memorandum was submitted in July, but instead, an FIR was filed against us,” he said. He added that memoranda were submitted again in October and November, but no resolution had been reached so far. Post navigation Woman cricketer buys Thar, father gets uniform:Kranti’s father returns to police service after 14 years following CM’s assurance, she now dreams of buying a BMW 3 Shankaracharyas back Avimukteshwaranand:Sharda Peeth seer condemns assault on Brahmin children